7 October 2014

52wkCrumpet2: 3-tone gradient with pink hearts



This is week two of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! This is a great one as the "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: three-tone gradient and pink (either each alone or combined). I combined.


I was in a bit of a quandary on what colours to choose for my three tone gradient. I had just worn blue and the time before red and brown. And also green. And I didn't want to do the sunset or butterfly gradient, again. So I decided to try a Zoya Pixie Dust gradient. That was ..... dumb. It is really hard to gradient pixie dusts as they have a lot of glitter particles in them that stick to the sponge. I keep forgetting that.



Even though the base looks predominantly green, there is a three tone gradient in there! I did start with a gently applied base of green (Zoya Vespa). The gradient is then achieved with Vespa, Zoya Godiva and OPI Solitaire. Solitaire (the white one) overpowers as it is also the tip of my nail. And Godiva is a faint tone, almost the colour of my nail bed. One coat of Out the Door and then a coat of Poshé. Pixies eat top coat and you could definitely feel the girt after just Out the Door. Poshé is nice and thick (and glossy and quick dry as well).


right hand
For the hand drawn hearts I used China Glaze Neon & On & On - this is one of my fav pinks. I painted them in different sizes and amounts, added a black one here and there. This was top coated again with Poshé to give a real gloss and smooth out the entire mani.
In the end I think the nails look like an advertisement for a game of bridge! Perhaps too Queen of Heartsy. The gradient is there, but quite faint. But in the shadows the hearts pop in neon!
Cheers girls x – looking forward to seeing all the others!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...