28 October 2014

52wkCrumpet5: 1980s design and three dark colors


This is week five of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: 1980s design, and three dark colours (either each alone or combined). I combined. My immediate thought when I read 80s was neon. I wore too much neon to admit to in the 80s! Putting them together with the three dark was a challenge. But I wanted to combine as I liked the idea of three dark colours.



right hand
I started with a chevron base using three chocolate browns: piCture pOlish Malt-teaser, Zoya Louise and a Thai indie. The first step was a base of Malt-Teaser then I added the chevrons in alternating order. There is definitely a difference in the two darker shades, though the difference to the lighter shade is more apparent. I top coated when I was finished to bring the chevron together.



I don't own a lot of neon colours and the ones I do own are old – so no problems there! I decided to add small triangles bordering on the lines of the chevron in the neon colours. Alternating and mis-matching throughout the nails. The colours are: China Glaze Neon & On & On (pink), China Glaze Happy Go Lucky (yellow) and OPI Can't Find my Czechbook (blue).



Using a tiny nail art brush I drew triangles on different areas. I did one colour at a time and had to keep cleaning my brush as it got gooped up quickly. I waited a while to top coat as I didn't want the colours to smear as on some the coverage was a tad thick.


right hand

Looking forward to scrolling through the other designs! Bye girls and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I like this design. It does remind me of the 80s and I like the use of dark against bright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much! In my mind it reminded me of a Genesis album cover but when I googled that, I was completely wrong!

      Delete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...