4 November 2014

52wkCrumpet6: three shades of blue


This is week six of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: domestic animals and three shades of blue (either each alone or combined). I chose the three shades of blue. I did have an idea for a portrait of my cat, George, but I also knew that would take time and commitment. Knowing I was only going to wear this mani for two days as I have to get my Oath Ceremony mani going for Friday, I chose to do the blue prompt.



The base is two coats of Butter London Blagger. This is my very first BL polish. Blagger is a strong cobalt blue that covers well in two coats.



Using a longer thin brush I added wisps of the other two blues. First, OPI No Room for the Blues. This is one of my very first blue polishes and although OPI says it is a jeans type blue, I never saw it that way. It is not neon but has enough brightness to it for a great summer shade. After some stripes in the lighter blue, I added wisps in a dark navy blue, OPI I saw.....Warsaw (super long name!). This is a good opaque creme that works well next to the lighter blue.


In the end I added just a couple of very lightly touched Blagger wisps to everything. That created a marble effect, I thought. You can really see how all the blues work together and pop in the bright sunshine!


I am going to end up liking this a lot more than I should but will have to work on my mani for Friday. Wearing green and black for my ceremony - all Kiwi and stuff!!


right hand
Now to click through all the great cat ideas I am sure many of the talented Army of Crumps will be delivering! If all goes as planned, next time I write I will be a Kiwi.


1 comment:

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...