13 November 2014

52wkCrumpet7: wild animals and yellow


This is week seven of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: wild animals and yellow (either each alone or combined). I combined. Yellow is a colour I do not wear often enough and wanted to try some different freehand animals. I love giraffes! So I went for giraffes standing in the pampas of the African plain – even if some look like dinosaurs or emus. Fun fact that I learned on safari once: giraffes sleep mainly with their heads upright because if they lie them on the ground they do not have enough strength to pull them back up. How bizarre!


you can kind of see the base shimmer here
I started with a base of Butter London Cheeky Chops, my oldest yellow. What a mission! It is one thing to use the colour for nail art by dribbling drops of it on a palette, another to paint your nails. The colour was a bit thick and the bottle half full. I was too lazy halfway through to thin it down and just trudged on with two coats. To give a bit of a pop I topped this with a coat of NfuOh 029, an old untried (man, I am ticking all the boxes this week!) holographic jelly yellow. Basically clear, it is a holographic in a yellow liquid. I top coated before moving on.



right hand
Using black acrylic paint I drew giraffes in either profile or semi profile. Some look rather like aliens from The Jetsons but the Mr figured it out all on his alone! My right hand doesn't look half bad, either, so improvement. Even if, in hindsight, my right thumb looks more like a donkey!


I wisped on some grass stalks using different polishes and a longer brush: China Glaze Happy Go Lucky (another old yellow and a bit darker than BL), OPI Don't Talk Bach to Me (a greenish yellow) and an older Thai polish with no label or name that some may classify as orange, but I am calling amber. Keeping with the safari theme, I added I Herd That to the tips (China Glaze On Safari collection). Now to scroll through the other creations - bye girls x!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...