24 November 2014

52wkCrumpet9: brush stroke and fav brand


This is week nine of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: brush stroke and favourite brand (either each alone or combined). I combined. I did have to research what brush stroke was, I was thinking of something different (fantail brush stuff). But then I remembered. And I used my fav brand Zoya - love their polishes.



I started with a two coat base of Zoya Arizona, a really groovy apricot orange. I am totally loving this colour right now. Obviously so much, as a lot of my clients are sporting it as well! You can really hardly see it in the end – even the Mr asked, "where is the cool orange?".



Then I started stroking/dabbing on three shades of Zoya, in this order, and then twice: Pepper (a brick red), Sooki (a tomato red) and Flynn (caramel). Towards the end I also added some Arizona so that I had orange towards the top of the layers.


I didn't take heaps of pics as the mani seems rather self-explanatory and kind of looks the same from every angle! And, I am suuuuper early this week as my son arrives from Europe on Wednesday!! He is moving here and we are all very, very excited and I want to spend time with him. So need to get heaps of projects done and some real work, so did my nails last night!
Take care girls x!


6 comments:

  1. cool nailart, love the bright base and nice pics too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Anita! Simple nail art but really effective, win-win!

      Delete
  2. Cute mani! Zoya is my favorite mainstream brand too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoya is great - such good consistency! And their colours are always so rich. Thx for reading, Sumeet!

      Delete
  3. wow I think this nail art looks just so lovely!
    The details look great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...