8 February 2015

52wkCrumpet19: pale blue


I am very late in posting this. These two-markets-a-week weeks are somehow draining. On top of that, the wind sucks any life out of you so you feel like an old lady after a full day at the market!!! I did do this mani mid week, but only took pics today (so not so new and fresh, mani is 4 days old).
This is week nineteen of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: flowers and pale blue (either each alone or combined). I chose pale blue, a good base for my Waitangi Day mani – it would be too much of a stretch to call a silver fern a flower! Us Kiwis celebrated Waitangi Day on the 6th, the day the Maori kings and lords signed the document of land to the British, New Zealand's founding document, in 1840.


I started with a two coat base of piCture pOlish Sky, a pale opaque blue. I love the colour but find it difficult to apply. Funny, it is almost like a gel as after it dries the colour has spread to be more opaque. Always looks streaky until you top coat. I top coated as well before continuing.


I did one hand at a time and started with a dusty blue I got in Thailand. I used one of my finer brushes, but with longish bristles. First came the silver ferns in dusty blue, rather random. Then I used a basic China Glaze black and white for the next ferns. I also drew some korus (the rounded part of the tip of the fern). When I was satisfied with the look and "layout" I top coated, and then did the other hand.



I very much like the dusty blue on the pale blue and almost stopped there. But am glad I added the black and white. Gives the whole design some depth. My right hand is not too bad!!



Time to check out the others!! Cheers girls x.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...