17 March 2015

52wkCrumpet25: lilac and green


This is week 25 of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: Mermaid, and lilac and green (either each alone or combined). I chose lilac and green and this time I have done an entirely gel polish mani.


The base was the nude and the green marbling off last week's mani. The flowers were drawn in a Japanese nail art gradation method using lilac, green and white. I purposely left negative space under the flowers so they seem like they are floating.



If all my pics look different it is because I am trying to use my new Foldio lightbox. It is really hard to do your own nails in the lightbox, holding the iPhone. Also trying to take better "both hand pics" as well.


I really like this mani and am getting lots of comments. It is very soft very the colour palette but also different. My fav finger is the index finger on my right hand – so drawn with my left non-dominant hand. I think that hibiscus turned out very well.


One thumb is in the marbling with a side flower. On the other thumb I did a tie-dye marbling effect with and three shades of gel. Below a couple more both hand pics. One is totally out of focus!!! True learning curve this!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...