24 March 2015

52wkCrumpet26: Mosaic-Stained Glass


Yay!!! Halfway!
This is week 26 of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: Mosaic-Stained Glass, and pink and orange (either each alone or combined). I chose mosaic. It is getting very cold and autumnal here so not much in the mood for pinks.


I started with a kind of skittlette of alternating CND Blue Rapture and CND Dark Lava. I haven't worn CND Vinylux for a while so thought I would bring it out again. From the start I had decided to do mosaic-stained glass on only my left hand. We had a holiday yesterday so another short week and I have too much to do to devote heaps of time to doing my nails. Oh well.


I wanted to do a bit of a churchyard scene so first drew the outline of the church and yard in black acrylic paint.  Then I added the colours for the stained glass windows, crossed the crosses and added sky. When all was done I added some Dark Lava to the church to tie the colouring together. Two coats of top coat on the painting as the acrylic paint was bumpy, otherwise one.


As almost always, from a distance the stained glass looks much better than in close up scrutiny! And I love the regal purple shimmer, works well with the smoky blue. I probably should have done mosaics on all nails but honestly didn't feel like it and wanted to do a landscape this week. Hope all is well, girls! Thx for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...