7 April 2015

52wkCrumpet28: Burgundy-maroon


This is week 28 of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: Needle drag and Burgundy-maroon (either each alone or combined). I chose Burgundy-maroon as it is harvest time on all the vineyards – lots of pinot grapes being picked! And it is autumn and I felt like a more luxurious colour combo.


This is a Luxio 100% gel mani and untrieds for me. The burgundy is deep pigmented but with shimmer. Really pretty when it catches the light. On four alternating accents I applied a concrete grey. Two coats each.


Using fine brushed I drew a diagonal French on the grey nails. Then I added a fine line in a glittery blue and some petals. Then I topped with a Swarovski crystal and cured with top coat. I am starting to embrace and enjoy all the rhinestones-crystal-embellishments. Curing in gel really 1) makes them stay on for weeks and 2) leaves no edges to catch on hair or sweaters or anything else.


Am becoming a gel nail art snob!! Am getting addicted to the smoothness of the gel and all the possibilities with the gel. Bye girls till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...